The new mount converter enhancing,
the extensibility of the L-Mount system.
The SIGMA MOUNT CONVERTER MC-21 allows SIGMA SA mount and SIGMA’s CANON EF mount interchangeable lens owners to use their lens investment on L-Mount camera bodies. The converter allows more freedom of choice for L-Mount cameras, enhancing the extensibility of the L-Mount system.
SIGMA MOUNT CONVERTER MC-21
Available AF mounts: SIGMA SA-L, CANON EF-L*1
Barcode: SIGMA SA-L 00-85126-93724-9, CANON EF-L 00-85126-93723-2
Note: The appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
*1 SIGMA’s CANON EE mount compatible lens
Effective use of lens investment.
Attaching the MC-21 to your collection of SIGMA SA mount and SIGMA’s CANON EF mount compatible lenses* allows them to be used as L-Mount system lenses, promoting the effective use of valuable lenses already owned.
* See the list of compatible lenses below.
29 interchangeable lenses available
to be used for L-Mount cameras
The MC-21 increases the number of interchangeable lenses manufactured by SIGMA that can be used with the L-Mount system by 29 lenses. Compatible with the autocrop function, mounting APS-C size image circle DC lenses to a camera body equipped with a 35mm full size sensor still allows immediate use for shooting.
Panasonic Lumix S1 / Panasonic Lumix S1R
- 12-24mm F4 DG HSM(Art)
- 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM | Art
- 24-35mm F2 DG HSM | Art
- 24-70mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Art
- 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM | Art
- 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Sports
- 70-20mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports
- 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM| Contemporary
- 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports
- 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary
- 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Sports
- 14mm F1.8 DG HSM | Art*
- 20mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art*
- 24mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art*
- 28mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art*
- 35mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art *
- 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art*
- 70mm F2.8 DG MACRO | Art*
- 85mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art*
- 105mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art*
- 135mm F1.8 DG HSM | Art*
- 500mm F4 DG OS HSM | Sports
- 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM | Contemporary
- 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM | Art
- 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM | Contemporary
- 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM | Contemporary
- 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM | Art
- 30mm F1.4 DC HSM | Art
* The MC-21 is not necessary for native L-Mount lenses.
Note: Cannot be used in combination with teleconverter.
Operations using other non-compatible lenses are not guaranteed.
Whether the mounted lens is compatible or not is instantly visible from the color and the on/off of the MC-21’s built-in LED. The LED also notifies the user when a lens firmware update is available.
* The lens requires firmware update.
Lens data is preloaded
Running the data pre-loaded in the MC-21 for each lens by the special control program, autofocus and aperture control have been optimized. Regarding lenses to be released in the future, data for operating these lenses via the MC-21 will be stored in the lens. It means no firmware updates of the MC-21 will be required to use those new lenses. In addition, the MC-21 also supports correction functions of camera such as peripheral illumination, chromatic aberration of magnification, and distortion.
Fast and accurate auto focus
High precision AF photography in AF-S mode is achieved.
Comes with Tripod Socket
Equipped with a socket for attaching the tripod*. Lenses not equipped with a tripod socket can be used by mounting the tripod to the MC-21.
* The tool supplied makes attaching/detaching possible.
The inside surface of the barrel is covered with flocking to eliminate internal reflections
To prevent a reduction in lens performance due to internal reflections, the inside surface of the barrel is covered with flocking.
Inclusion in Exif data
Information such as lens type, focal length, F number, and other tags are embedded as Exif data in each image file.
Notice on the usage of the SIGMA Mount Converter MC-21 when it is used in combination with Panasonic’s LUMIX S1 and LUMIX S1R
- Only AF-S works in Autofocus Mode. AF-C cannot be selected.
- The Auto continuous operation cannot be used during video shooting.
- Touch AF cannot be used.
- With lenses incorporating MO (Manual Override), operation in manual mode is possible only after focusing.MF guide is not available.
- The image stabilization function inside the camera body and the lens cannot be used simultaneously.
- Please ensure one of these is selected.
- The AF Function Button and the Focus Preset Button incorporated on some lenses cannot be used.
Compatibility with other cameras
- When we announced the MC-21 on February 26th, 2019, we mentioned that it was compatible with cameras manufactured by Leica Camera AG. However, specification changed and it will not be compatible with Leica’s existing L-Mount cameras. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this situation may have caused.