This was the year for the Diamond Jubilee of Elizabeth II and London 2012 Summer Olympic Games. The Sigma Corporation mourns the death of their founder Michihiro Yamaki and welcomes the appointment of Kazuto Yamaki as the new CEO. SIGMA Global Vision is launched and SIGMA joins the internet social media craze by establishing an official Facebook page.
We regret to announce that the founder and CEO of Sigma Corporation, Michihiro Yamaki passed away on the January 18th, 2012.
SIGMA introduces two new DN lenses designed for mirrorless cameras and the world’s first 180mm macro lens incorporating a magnification ratio of 1:1 and a large maximum aperture of F2.8.
- SIGMA 30mm F2.8 E X DN, first new DN lens designed for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras, 2012.01.10
- SIGMA APO MACRO 180mm F2 world’s first 180mm macro lens incorporating a magnification ratio of 1:1 and a large maximum aperture of F2.8, 2012.01.10
- SIGMA 19mm F2.8 EX DN, second in the series of DN lenses designed for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras, 2012.01.10
- Announcement of the death of Michihiro Yamaki, CEO – SIGMA CORPORATION 2012.01.27
Kazuto Yamaki, Chief Operating Officer is appointed as Chief Executive Officer of Sigma Corporation.
The next generation of high quality digital cameras, the Sigma DP1 Merrill and Sigma DP2 Merrill, incorporating the newly developed 46 megapixel large image sensor in a compact body are introduced.
SIGMA establishes an official FACEBOOK page.
TIPA (Technical Image Press Association) is comprised of 28 publications from Europe, South Africa, Canada and the USA. Every year, TIPA editors vote for the best photo & imaging products introduced to the market during the previous 12 months. TIPA editors take into account innovation, the use of leading-edge technology, design and ergonomics, ease-of-use, as well as price/performance ratio.
TIPA Best Expert DSLR Lens Award is awarded to the Sigma Macro 180mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM lens and the TIPA Best Entry Level DSLR Lens Award is awarded to the Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM.
The Sigma Corporation releases a new SIGMA SD1 Merrill bundle Kit which comprises of the SIGMA SD1 Merrill interchangeable lens digital reflex camera and the SIGMA 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM lens.
The next generation of high image quality digital camera incorporating the Foveon 46 megapixel APS-c size image sensor in a compact body is released.
Official price release of the world’s first 180mm macro lens incorporating magnification ratio of 1:1 and a large maximum aperture of F2.8.
SIGMA APO MACRO 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM wins EISA award
SIGMA DP1 Merrill
SIGMA APO MACRO 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM has won the EISA European MACRO Lens 2012-2013 award. This large aperture telephoto macro lens which incorporates SIGMA’s orginal Optical Stablizer function was introduced to market in June 2011. 2012.08.17
SIGMA DP1 Merrill 2012.08.31
- SIGMA Press Release Sigma Global Vision 2012.09.18 The official press release of the SIGMA Corporation announcing the introduction and concept behind the reorganization of the SIGMA lens lineup, including new products and quality control measures. Includes the product releases for the following new products: Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM| Contemporary, Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art, Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HMS | Sports, Sigma USB Dock, Sigma Optimization Pro Software and SIGMA’s own MTF Measuring system “A1”. Also included is the development policy adopted by SIGMA Corporation regarding requirements for lens development and the philosophy behind the tenets of craftsmanship.
SIGMA 35mm F1.4 DG HSM | A, First lens from the Art line designed with a focus on sophisticated optical performance and abundant expressive power, delivers high-level artistic expression.