Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro
Launched October 2006
MACRO 70mm F2.8 EX DG
- Special Low Dispersion (SLD) lens and two high refractive index SLD lenses provide excellent correction for all types of aberrations
- Super multi-layer lens coating reduces flare and ghosting
- Floating focus system provides extremely high optical performance from infinity to 1:1 Macro
- Equivalent field of view to our popular 105mm macro lens when used on a digital SLR camera with an APS-C size image sensor.
- Focus Limiter switch is included
The Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of the new MACRO 70mm F2.8 EX DG lens. This medium telephoto macro lens is ideal for both digital SLR cameras and 35mm film SLR cameras. The 70mm focal length gives an equivalent field of view as our popular 105mm macro lens when used on digital SLR cameras with an APS-C size image sensor.
The design of this lens makes it suitable for taking pictures in all situations from infinity to 1:1 macro, both with natural light conditions or flash.
A Special Low Dispersion (SLD) lens and two high refractive index SLD lenses provide excellent correction for all types of aberrations and produce an exceptional level of optical performance. Sigma’s super multi-layer lens coating reduces flare and ghosting, and helps create a natural colour balance.
The floating focus system provides extremely high optical performance from infinity to 1:1 Macro.
A ‘Focus Limiter Switch’ is incorporated on the lens, improving the speed and accuracy of autofocus by limiting the focus range. A screw-in lens hood is included for convenient use of circular polarizing filters.
|Construction||10 Elements in 9 Groups|
|Field of View||34.3°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||25cm|
|Number of blades||9|
|SRP at launch:||£339.99|
|Available Mounts:||Sigma AF, Nikon AF, Canon AF, Pentax AF, Sony AF|